A Non-Profit Organization
CARSA, Community and Residential Services Association, is a private, not for profit corporation,
organized under and subject to the laws of the State of Louisiana
CARSA's mission is to promote and maintain a coalition where
persons and their ideas come together to empower Louisiana citizens with disabilities
to achieve their full potential.
- To advocate choices for persons with disabilities.
- To promote a consumer-driven support system.
- To create and maintain networking environments for private providers of supports to persons with disabilities.
- To educate and promote awareness of issues related to persons with disabilities.
- To promote the highest standards of quality and ethics.
- To provide current and relevant information to member agencies.
- To assure that adequate fiscal resources are available to provide quality supports and services.
- To engage in any lawful activity for which nonprofit corporations may be formed
under the laws of Louisiana and is to be a business league pursuant to Section
501(c)(6) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954.
Notwithstanding any other provision of CARSA's Articles or these Bylaws,
CARSA will not carry on activities not permitted to be carried on by a
corporation exempt from federal income tax under 501(c)6 of the Internal
Revenue Code of 1986 (as amended or the corresponding provision of any future
United State Internal Revenue law).